Man trapped under collapsed chimney in Doncaster dies
A man who became trapped beneath rubble after a chimney collapsed inside a house in South Yorkshire has died.
Ambulance and fire crews were called to the property in Beech Road, Campsall, Doncaster, at 10:50 BST on Saturday.
The man, who has not been named, was rescued from beneath the rubble by firefighters.
He was taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary where he died later. No-one else was injured in the collapse.
A neighbour, James Gracey, said he had left his house to go shopping when he saw part of the road blocked by emergency vehicles.
"We looked down the street and saw all these ambulances, two police cars and a fire engine and a helicopter parked on the back field.
"It looked to me something like a crime scene.
"There were so many people and it was all roped off."
The Yorkshire Ambulance Service said it dispatched its hazardous area response team to the scene, along with a clinical supervisor and two ambulances.
An air ambulance also attended.