Sheffield & South Yorkshire

Sheffield wedding reception venue catches fire

The venue on Attercliffe Road Image copyright Google
Image caption The fire started in a cooker and spread to the roof space, the fire service said

More than 200 wedding guests had to be evacuated when a fire broke out at a reception venue.

The fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread to the roof of the Arooj restaurant on Attercliffe Road, Sheffield on Saturday.

About 30 firefighters tackled the blaze. There were no reported injuries.

The fire started on a cooker and spread through an extractor unit to the roof space, South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

Guests were moved to a local mosque.

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites