Sheffield & South Yorkshire

Beighton man's fire death was accidental

House fire
Image caption Richard Hobson died in the fire in Poplar Avenue in March

A 61-year-old man killed in a house fire in Sheffield died as a result of an accident, an inquest has found.

Richard Hobson died in the incident on 3 March in Poplar Avenue in the Beighton area of the city where he lived with his mother and sister.

Evidence from South Yorkshire Fire Service stated that the fire was believed to have been started by clothes left drying by a heater.

Assistant deputy coroner Julian Fox recorded a verdict of accidental death.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites