Coven Heath house gutted in 'incredibly stupid' attack
A bungalow has been gutted in an arson attack in Staffordshire.
Three crews were called to tackle the fire in Ball Lane, Coven Heath, which was reported at 0510 GMT on Friday.
The derelict house was well alight and too dangerous to enter when crews arrived, a spokesman for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue service said.
Station manager Ian Dawson said starting the fire deliberately was "an incredibly stupid thing to do" and had endangered many people's lives.
The blaze took four hours to extinguish.
"Whoever started this fire endangered the lives of themselves as well as the firefighters who tackled it," he said.
"Starting a fire deliberately is an incredibly stupid thing to do and even the smallest fire can quickly get out of control, plus the guilty party could have ended up seriously or even fatally injured as a result of their thoughtless actions."