Stoke & Staffordshire

Woman suffers burns in Uttoxeter house fire

A woman has been critically injured in a house fire in Staffordshire.

Ambulance staff and crews from three fire stations were called to the house fire on Wood Lane in Uttoxeter at about 14:30 BST.

"Crews treated a woman at the scene who had suffered significant burn injuries," an ambulance service spokeswoman said.

"It is believed that the woman was attempting to light a fire when the incident happened."

The woman was airlifted to the specialist burns unit at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.

The fire service said the blaze caused extensive damage to the house and its cause would be investigated.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites