Stoke-on-Trent Legionnaires' outbreak 'is over'
An outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in Staffordshire that led to two deaths and more than a dozen people falling ill is over, the Health Protection Agency (HPA) has said.
A case was confirmed on Monday, taking the total number since the outbreak started last month to 21.
Two men died - Richard Griffin, 64, of Stoke-on-Trent, and a man in his 70s.
A hot tub at the JTF Warehouse in the city has been identified by the HPA as the probable source of the outbreak.
The latest confirmed case is also a man in his 70s.
Two patients remain in hospital. One was due to be discharged on Friday and the second is improving and has been transferred from critical care to a ward, the HPA said.
A spokesman said: "It is now 25 days since the probable source - a hot tub on display at JTF Warehouse in Fenton - was decommissioned and health experts no longer expect to see cases associated with this outbreak.
"Officers from Stoke-on-Trent City Council will be continuing their investigation with a view to possible enforcement action and also to provide the coroner with any information he may require for his inquest."