Stoke & Staffordshire

Longbridge Hayes fireworks blaze 'was accidental'

Fire in Longbridge Hayes, Staffordshire
Image caption At the peak of the blaze the fire service had 50 firefighters at the scene

A fire involving a building storing fireworks started accidentally, the fire service has said.

The blaze at Chemical Lane, Longbridge Hayes, started in some pallets on Friday evening and spread to two buildings, which were destroyed.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service described the fire as "an inferno".

At the peak of the blaze the fire service had 50 firefighters at the scene.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites