Suffolk

Luke Durbin murder inquiry: Two arrested men bailed

Luke Durbin
Image caption Luke Durbin disappeared after a night out with friends in May 2006

Two men arrested in Suffolk as part of the murder investigation into the disappearance of a teenager six years ago has been released on police bail.

Luke Durbin, then 19, was reported missing on 13 May 2006 after he failed to return from a night out with friends in Ipswich.

Two men, aged 40 and 25, were arrested as part of the inquiry.

The 40-year-old man has been released on bail until 18 September and the 25-year-old until 16 October.

Police have also searched a third address in Suffolk as part of the murder investigation into the disappearance of Mr Durbin.

Not found

Officers sealed off properties linked to the 40-year-old man in Spring Road, Ipswich, and Redwald Road, Rendlesham, on Wednesday.

The third Suffolk address was searched in connection with the arrest of the 25-year-old man, police said. He was questioned on suspicion of being "concerned in the murder" of Mr Durbin.

The 40-year-old man was held on suspicion of murder.

The joint Norfolk and Suffolk major investigation team said it had not found Mr Durbin but believed he had been "unlawfully killed".

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites