Lowestoft deaths: Family pay tribute to Fiona Anderson

Fiona Anderson at the Fyffe Centre on Belvedere Road, Lowestoft
Image caption Fiona Anderson left house keys at the home of her partner less than two hours before being found dead

A pregnant woman who fell to her death on the same day her three children were found dead was "loving and caring" but sometimes found life "overwhelming", her family has said.

Fiona Anderson, 23, died of head injuries at a car park in Gordon Road, Lowestoft, on Monday.

Her children, named locally as Levina, three, Addy, two, and 11-month-old Kyden, were later found dead at home.

Police said post-mortem examinations had not established a cause of death.

Life 'overwhelming'

In a statement issued through Suffolk Police, Ms Anderson's parents and her two sisters said: "Fiona was a beautiful, intelligent girl and a loving and caring person, but she had suffered from mental illness since she was young.

"She cared passionately about others, but often brought stress on herself by caring too much. She was gentle but ended up under too much pressure.

Image caption Fiona Anderson said on Facebook she would "never let" anybody hurt her children

"As a family we were close, but she would often push us away, keen to do her own thing and not to listen when we offered support. Life was sometimes overwhelming for her."

They described her as a "girlie girl" who was intelligent and creative.

The tribute came after it emerged officers had called at Ms Anderson's home on Monday morning, following reports the children's father Craig McLelland had been stabbed.

They spoke to a woman via intercom but were refused entry, police said.

The force said it had referred the case to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Police said 13 people had come forward to say they had seen Ms Anderson walking in Lowestoft on Monday morning.

CCTV footage shows Ms Anderson walking around the town holding a teddy bear early on Monday. It is believed she dropped off her house keys at Mr McLelland's home at the Fyffe Centre on Belvedere Road and entered the car park at 07:55 BST.

The footage captured her outside the Fyffe Centre at 06:20 BST.

'Keeping them safe'

Post-mortem tests revealed Ms Anderson died of severe head injuries consistent with a fall from a height.

All three of her children had been found dead at her home in London Road South. Further tests will be carried out to ascertain how they died.

Image caption Craig McLelland, the children's father, laid flowers at the house where they were found

The night before her death, Ms Anderson had written on her Facebook page: "I would never do anything to hurt my kids. I just want to keep them safe and happy.

"So many people tried to hurt them and make them sad but ill (sic) never let that happen again.

"I'll never leave them. Ill always love all four of them more than words can describe.

"Ill always be with them keeping them safe the people who are supposed to help us just tell lies and try to take my babies away."

In her last post to the social networking site, she uploaded a picture of an ultrasound scan showing a baby and was believed to be heavily pregnant.

Suffolk County Council said the case had been referred to the independent local Safeguarding Children's Board.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites