St Peter's A&E evacuated in fire alert
Patients were evacuated from a Surrey A&E department after smoke was seen coming from a ceiling light.
St Peter's Hospital at Chertsey also closed the department to ambulances during the fire alert at 09:30 GMT.
"We decided to evacuate all patients who were not behind fire doors, including patients in the main waiting room," said manager Philip Kemp.
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service attended the fire and hospital workmen isolated the faulty light fitting.
The department re-opened 20 minutes after the fire alarm was activated. All patients were back inside by 10:00 GMT.