Surrey

Drug warning after Farnham teenager dies at party

An 18-year-old man has died after inhaling an unknown substance at a gathering on Chobham Common in Surrey.

Police have now issued a warning to drug users at Saturday's event to seek hospital advice if they experience any unusual symptoms.

The teenager, from the Farnham area, has not yet been named.

Police needed the public's help to get "this potentially fatal drug off the streets of Surrey", said Chief Insp Alison Barlow.

"Whilst a post-mortem examination still needs to be carried out to establish the cause of this boy's death, we are extremely concerned that it could be linked to him taking this drug," said Ms Barlow

"The advice to anyone who was at the event on Chobham Common who might have taken this drug and is exhibiting worrying symptoms is to attend A&E immediately.

"Similarly if you believe you may have taken this same substance elsewhere and are feeling unwell then please seek medical assistance."

Anyone with information is asked to call Surrey Police or Crimestoppers.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites