Sussex 'road accident' man had suffered electric shock
A man found walking along a road in Sussex who was believed to have been in a road accident had actually received an electric shock, police have said.
Officers discovered him in Main Street, Peasmarsh, bloodied, without shoes and covered in mud and gravel on Tuesday.
The man, aged 28, from Broad Oak, had shredded and torn clothes and was extremely agitated and confused.
It has emerged he had been rewiring an old farm building and fell from a loft after receiving an electric shock.
Sussex Police said he was taken by ambulance to the Conquest Hospital in Hastings, and was recovering well on Wednesday.
They added that the accident may have happened after he disturbed a swarm or nest of flying insects, though the exact sequence of events was unclear.
The matter has been reported to the Health and Safety Executive.