Sussex

Man taken to hospital after fire in East Dean

An 87-year-old man has been taken to hospital after a fire started in his bedroom at a house in East Sussex.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service was called to the fire, in Michel Dene Road, East Dean, at 2300 GMT on Friday.

The man was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

A spokesman said it was believed the fire, on the first floor, was accidental and was caused by an electric blanket.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites