Mo Bourner 'attacker' repeatedly named after Crimewatch appeal
The same person has been "consistently named" after a TV appeal for information about an attack which left a teenage boy with brain damage.
The BBC's Crimewatch programme featured a reconstruction of the events leading to the assault on Mohammed Bourner, 15, in East Sussex.
Mohammed, also known as Mo, is seriously ill in hospital following the attack in Bexhill on 29 October.
His father described the attack as "any parent's worst nightmare".
In the follow-up programme, Det Ch Insp Nick Sloan said viewers had been calling in with a name of an individual they said was involved in the attack.
He also said that witnesses had phoned the programme to say there had been some aggression at the beach party which Mohammed had attended earlier in the evening.
'Opened his eyes'
Mohammed's father Peter Bourner said: "He was really looking forward to going to the beach party with his friends.
"The next thing I know was any parent's worst nightmare. Straight into A&E and there he was on full life support in such a serious condition."
Sussex Police said Mohammed had been to a beach party before the attack at Glyne Gap and had been with three friends when he was punched by a man.
Speaking on Thursday night's Crimewatch, Det Ch Insp Sloan said: "A few weeks ago Mo opened his eyes for the first time but sadly he did not recognise his parents due to the extensive brain damage he has suffered.
"I am hoping that tonight's appeal will not only touch people emotionally but jog their memories and bring further leads as to who is responsible for doing this to Mo."
A 20-year-old man, who was arrested on 31 October, has been released on bail until 19 December.