Sussex

James Baldwin named as fatal St Leonards flat fire man

Scene of fire
Image caption The fire took place at James Baldwin's top floor flat in St Margaret's Road

A 57-year-old man who died in a fire at his home in East Sussex has been named by police.

James Baldwin lived in the top floor flat at Charmaine Court in St Margaret's Road, St Leonards, where the fire took place late on Wednesday.

A post-mortem examination gave a provisional cause of death as inhalation of fire fumes.

A woman who lived at the flat was arrested on suspicion of murder and later bailed until 27 January.

The 60-year-old was treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after the fire.

Sussex Police said forensic examinations at the flat were continuing.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites