Man dies after attack on doorstep of flat in Brighton
A 65-year-old man has died after being assaulted while answering the door to his flat in Brighton.
Police believe the attack at the flat at Caledonian Court took place between 20:00 and 20:30 GMT on Friday.
The man's partner called an ambulance two hours later and told police the victim had been attacked by two men.
Officers have begun a murder inquiry. They said no weapons had been used in the attack and they were trying to establish a motive.
Det Ch Insp Nick May, from Surrey and Sussex major crime team, said two men had "barged into" the home and a fight had broken out.
He said the men may have been seen shortly after the attack running through Caledonian Court.
He added: "An ambulance was called at about 10pm as the victim was feeling unwell. He sadly died soon after."
Mr May said a post-mortem examination was due to be carried out on Sunday into the cause of the man's death.