Brighton father and daughter jailed for attack
A father and daughter have been jailed after a man was attacked and run over in Brighton, leaving him with "devastating" injuries.
Patrick Lyons, 56, of Down Terrace, Brighton, was jailed for seven years for assaulting Barry Gordon junior in The Causeway on 16 July last year.
Louise Lyons, 29, of Carden Avenue, was jailed for four years.
Sussex Police said Mr Gordon, 33, also from Brighton, had a fractured skull and broken shoulder and collarbones.
He also suffered a collapsed lung and fractured ribs in the assault but was making good progress in his recovery.
The attack was said by officers to be a personal dispute between two groups of people which got out of hand.
Following sentencing at Lewes Crown Court, Det Chief Insp Nick May said Mr Gordon and the Lyons family were well known to each other and the local community.
"This was a nasty incident which has left the victim with devastating injuries," he said.
"These injuries will remain with him in some way for the rest of his life. We wish him the best in his continued recovery."
Patrick Lyons was initially charged with attempted murder but was convicted on Monday of the lesser charge of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
He was also convicted of wounding Barry Gordon senior with intent to cause GBH.
Louise Lyons was found guilty of wounding Barry Gordon junior with intent to cause GBH and causing actual bodily harm to Barry Gordon senior.