Peter Lester, 65, died in Worthing flat fire
A man who died in a fire at his maisonette in Worthing in West Sussex has been identified by police.
The body of Peter Lester, 65, was discovered in the flat in Gratwicke Road following a fire in the early hours of Monday.
A neighbour attempted to enter the property but was beaten back by fire, intense heat and thick smoke.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the property had two smoke alarms but neither contained batteries.
The blaze is not being treated as suspicious.