Sussex

Burgess Hill assault victim teenager improves

Scene of the assault in Burgess Hill
Image caption Police want to speak people who were in the Queens Crescent and Station Road area at the time

A 15-year-old boy who collapsed in front of police officers after he was attacked in a street in Sussex has regained consciousness.

The teenager suffered serious head injuries during an assault close to Burgess Hill railway station on Wednesday at 22:50 BST.

Sussex Police said the boy was stable and receiving treatment at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton.

Two men have been arrested and bailed in connection with the attack.

The force had been called to Queens Crescent following reports of an assault.

When officers arrived they found the boy who collapsed while he was speaking to them.

Sussex Police said a 20-year-old man from Dartford, Kent, and a man aged 28, from Haywards Heath, West Sussex, were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm near to the scene and bailed until 14 September pending further inquiries.

Det Sgt Jonathan Pink, of Sussex Police, said: "The boy's family have been contacted and we are pleased he has made some steps towards recovery.

"I would like to appeal again to anyone who was in the Queens Crescent and Station Road area and witnessed the attack or saw or heard any suspicious activity prior to the incident and has not yet contacted us to please get in touch.

"All calls will be treated in the strictest confidence."

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites