Brighton car bundle kidnap plot man named as Tony Kurt

Missing man Image copyright Sussex Police
Image caption Police believe the man pictured in this CCTV image is called Tony Kurt

Detectives have named the man they believe was the victim of a kidnapping plot in Brighton.

Sussex Police launched an investigation after a man, thought to be Albanian, was reported to have been dragged into a car in Prince's Terrace on 12 April.

Det Ch Insp Karen Mizzi said a number of people had identified the man as Tony Kurt, following the publication of a CCTV image.

Two men have appeared in court charged with conspiracy to kidnap.

'More concerned'

Det Ch Insp Mizzi said the spelling of Tony Kurt's name could be different and he could go by other names.

"We have also been told that he could live in the Byron Street or Portland Road areas of the city," she added.

"We have still not spoken to anyone who has seen or heard from him in the last week so we are becoming more and more concerned for him.

"It could be that he is fine but we need to speak to him to make sure that he has not been harmed and that he is safe and well and I would urge anyone that has any idea where he could be to contact us urgently."

Sussex Police officers will be in Prince's Terrace and Queen Square in Brighton on Sunday evening to try and find anyone who might have information about what happened on 12 April.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites