Body confirmed as Hartlepool missing man Darren Waller
A body found on a Hartlepool estate has been confirmed as missing man Darren Waller.
A long-running inquiry had been under way since the 36-year-old disappeared on 9 January and included a number of searches.
His body was found in Ainderby Walk on the Central Estate on Wednesday night.
Cleveland Police said a post-mortem examination was inconclusive and there would be more tests but his death was not being treated as suspicious.
Det Supt Gordon Lang, of Cleveland Police, said: "This is a tragic set of circumstances for Darren's family and they are currently being supported by specially-trained officers.
"Our thoughts are with them."
During the search for Mr Waller a number of searches were carried out, including at the former Steetley industrial site as well as house-to-house inquiries.