Family flees house fire in Newton Aycliffe
- 22 February 2013
- From the section Tees
A baby and a toddler were taken to hospital after escaping from a house fire in County Durham with their mother.
A fire started in the kitchen of a home in Walker Lane, Newton Aycliffe, at about 02:00 GMT, the fire service said.
The children were taken to Darlington Memorial Hospital as a precaution.
Steve Wharton, from Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service, said the family had been "exceptionally lucky".