Tees

Frankie and Benny's customer chokes to death in diner

Frankie and Benny's
Image caption Frankie and Benny's offered condolences to the woman's family

A woman has died after choking while out for a meal with her family at a Teesside restaurant.

The 48-year-old was eating at the Frankie and Benny's outlet at Teesside Park, Stockton on Wednesday when her airway became blocked.

Police said other diners and paramedics had attempted to resuscitate her.

A spokesman for the restaurant chain said, despite efforts by the emergency services, the woman had "passed away in the bathroom".

He added that the chain offered its condolences to the woman's family.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites