Redcar rape: Man arrested over attack on mother released
A man arrested on suspicion of raping a woman who was forced into a car with her toddler has been released without charge.
The woman aged in her 30s and her child were abducted by two men from Redcar seafront at lunchtime on Friday.
Cleveland Police said the pair were taken about four miles to Longbeck Lane, near Yearby, where the woman was raped by both men.
A 31-year-old man from Redcar had been arrested on suspicion of rape.
A force spokesman said the man, who was arrested earlier, has been released without charge and inquiries are ongoing.
Police had previously said the woman's screams as she and her child were bundled into the car would have been heard by passersby.