Boys injured by exploding aerosol can in Northumberland
Children are being warned about the dangers of starting fires after two 13-year-olds were injured by an exploding aerosol can in Northumberland.
The boys suffered burns to their faces and hands and were treated in hospital. Both are said to be stable.
Northumbria Police said the can had been thrown on to a fire which was built in Seghill on Thursday.
They said officers would be visiting schools to warn pupils they could be putting their lives at risk.
Northumbria Police Cramlington neighbourhood sergeant Mick Aspey said: "Officers are visiting schools in the area to speak to children about the dangers of starting and playing with fires.
"Anyone who chooses to mess with fire is putting their safety, their lives and the lives of others at risk."