Wiltshire

Malmesbury flat fire: Unconscious man rescued

A man was dragged unconscious from his burning Wiltshire home.

Crews were called to the first floor flat in Gloucester Street, Malmesbury, at about 12:20 BST on Thursday

They found a fire raging in the kitchen of the property and the man lying unconscious on the living room floor.

A spokesman for Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service said: "Had the neighbour living in the flat above not smelled smoke, the outcome could have been much worse."

The injured man was treated by paramedics at the scene.

Investigators believe the fire started on the cooker.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites