Chimney warning after spate of Wiltshire fires
Homeowners with open fires in Wiltshire have been reminded to clean their chimneys before using them, following a spate of fires in the county.
Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said it had attended 10 chimney fires in the past month.
It is thought a cold August led to more people lighting fires without cleaning their chimneys since the spring.
A spokesman said lighting an open fire could be dangerous if it had not been swept since it was last used.
The service said wood burning fires should be swept every three months when in use and coal fires should be cleaned at least twice a year.