Fire destroys Codford St Mary thatched cottages
A fire spread through the roofs of a row of thatched cottages, destroying two homes.
Crews were called to Codford St Mary High Street, near Salisbury, shortly before 17:00 GMT on Saturday by the owner of the property where the fire started.
Glyn Moody from Wiltshire Fire and Rescue said there were no injuries.
Initial investigations suggest the fire started in the chimney of one of the cottages.
At the height of the blaze 10 fire engines from around the county were working to bring it under control.
"Crews managed to save one of the properties by stopping the fire spreading to a third cottage," said Mr Moody.
The roofs, first and ground floors of two of the cottages have been extensively damaged.
Neighbour Gary Poole said it was "manic" for a time but praised the fire crews, saying they were "fantastic".
"It was so frightening to see it go from a little bit of smoke to destruction," said Mr Poole.