Northern Ireland

Woman and baby escape Belfast fire

Fire engine
Image caption The fire was at a house in the Lisburn Road area of Belfast

An eight-week-old baby and a 24-year-old woman have been treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a house in the Lisburn Road area of Belfast.

The incident in Melrose Street happened shortly before 1300 GMT on Monday.

Smoke and water damage was caused to the living-room of the property.

It is understood the fire was caused by a free-standing gas heater.