Northern Ireland

Questions of liars, brains and unstoppable forces

Colin Murphy
Image caption Colin Murphy ponders life's great questions

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

Who make the best liars - men or women? If we only use 10% of our brain, what happens with the other 90%?

Those are just some of the questions being posed - and answered - on the new series of Great Unanswered Questions.

Comedian Colin Murphy is back as host of the series, which gets under way on Wednesday night at 10.45pm on BBC1 Northern Ireland.

Among the guests during the programme's four-week run will be funny man and star of Benidorm Johnny Vegas; Irish comedian Ed Byrne; actor and comedian Phill Jupitus and presenter Gail Porter.

While they will join Colin in giving some hilarious answers to the mind-bending questions, Dr David Booth and Matthew Collins will try to bring some sense to the proceedings.

Dr Booth is a doctor of evolutionary genetics with a doctorate from Queen's University Belfast, while Matthew is a PhD student in computer science who is a whizz on the web and has all the potential answers at his fingertips.

Colin said: "Doing Great Unanswered Questions I got answers to things I'd always wondered about and answers to things I'd never even thought about."