16,000 bottles of wine seized near Caledon, County Tyrone
Sixteen thousand bottles of wine have been seized by Customs after being found at a remote area near Caledon in County Tyrone.
The seizure was made late last month at Kedew Road.
In an official notice, Customs have alleged the lorry-load was smuggled into NI without duty being paid.
The notice states that whoever owns the wine has a month to come forward if they believe it should not legally have been seized.
The breakdown of the haul is:
- 1,728 litres of Blossom Hill White
- 4,310 litres of Blossom Hill Red
- 2,160 litres of Blossom Hill Rose
- 1,170 litres of McGuigan Black Label Chardonnay
- 1,659 litres of Castillero Del Diablo White
- 580 litres of Castillero Del Diablo Red
- 450 litres of JP Chenet (no variety or grape specified.)