Woman dies in Castlereagh Place, east Belfast fire
A 55-year-old woman has died in a house fire in east Belfast.
The blaze broke out at the property on Castlereagh Place off the Woodstock Road on Saturday night.
A neighbour who noticed smoke coming from the house alerted the Fire Service.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the property but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Early indications are that the fire was started accidentally.
UUP Alderman Jim Rodgers said residents in the area "are absolutely shocked and stunned".
"This is a dreadful tragedy and my heartfelt sympathy, thoughts and prayers go out to the woman's family," he added.
It is the second house fire death in east Belfast in a week.
Last Sunday a man in his 50s died following a blaze at a first-floor flat at Station Road, Sydenham.