Men injured as cars stolen in west Belfast and Carrickmore
A man has been injured as his car was stolen in west Belfast.
The incident happened at about 17:00 GMT on Norglen Parade on Monday. Police said a man reported that his car had been hijacked by two men.
Sinn Fein MP for the area Paul Maskey said the man was struck in the face with a hammer. The car was later found on fire on Rossnareen Avenue.
On Sunday, a man was also injured as he was dragged from his car in Carrickmore, County Tyrone.
At about 21:30 GMT, a man was sitting in his car on Main Street when the driver's door was opened. An unknown man forcibly removed him from the car, leaving him bruised on his arm and neck.
The car was driven off in the direction of Omagh and has not been recovered.
Commenting on the Norglen Parade incident Mr Maskey said those involved in carjacking had "reached a new low".
"There needs to be unity across the board to deal with this and the community in west Belfast and across the city demand that they are protected from these thugs.
"The PSNI need to do their job and the judicial system also need to step up to the mark."
Earlier on Monday, PSNI Chief Superintendent Alan McCrum said "no stone will be left unturned" in dealing with the problem.
He said police had made more than 60 arrests in connection with car crime over the past month and increased the number of officers in the city.
There have now been 16 carjackings in the Greater Belfast area since the beginning of the year. There have also been seven attempted hijackings.