Northern Ireland

Final man arrested in RAAD raid in Londonderry is released

The front of the police vehicle was badly damaged in the incident
Image caption RAAD said it was behind a bomb attack on the police in June 2012

All three men arrested as part of a police operation targeting the vigilante group Republican Action Against Drugs (RAAD) have now been released.

A 43-year-old man was released on Saturday evening pending a report to the PPS.

Earlier in the day a 47-year-old man had been unconditionally released by police.

A third man who was being questioned was released on Friday evening.

The men were detained after five assault rifles and three handguns were seized in raids in Londonderry on 12 July.

PSNI Chief Constable Matt Baggott said the operation was aimed at tackling punishment shootings in Derry.

Police said a total of eight firearms were taken after homes in the city were searched.

Mr Baggott described the seizures as "significant".

More on this story