Northern Ireland

Staff hospitalised after chemical spill in Omagh school

Fire engine

Six members of staff were taken to hospital following a chemical spillage at a County Tyrone school.

Fire crews wearing protective equipment attended the incident in a science room at Drumragh Integrated College in Omagh on Thursday afternoon.

They contained the small leakage in a fume cupboard at around 13:00 BST.

Two men and four women, mostly science staff members, were taken to hospital for observation and were later released .

School principal Nigel Frith said the school would now engage a professional company to clean up the spillage.