Two released over west Belfast shooting
Two people have been released by police after a 28-year-old man was shot dead in west Belfast.
Edward Gibson was shot in his stomach and thigh in an alleyway beside Divis Tower at 17:10 BST on Friday. He died in hospital.
Police are linking the killing to a fight that broke out nearby in Albert Street 30 minutes earlier.
A 30-year-old man remains under arrest in hospital
He is being treated for stab wounds thought to have been sustained in the earlier fight.
The 33-year-old man and woman, aged 31, were released on Sunday.
Police said they did not believe dissident republicans were involved in the attack, but had not ruled out a punishment-style attack.
After the shooting, the fight continued in the Royal Victoria Hospital's accident and emergency unit.
Det Ch Insp Justyn Galloway said he was appealing for witnesses.
"I am making a particular appeal to Edward's friends and associates to come forward and speak to detectives to provide us with the information we need to identify and bring those responsible before the courts," he said.
"Edward's family and friends are devastated by this murder, and regardless of the altercation that has happened earlier in the day or what has gone before, there is no justification for his murder.
"This happened at rush hour, and it's concerning to us that these two incidents escalated to the extent that they did."