Conradh na Gaeilge: Irish language group in NI Executive challenge
Irish language campaign group, Conradh na Gaeilge, is to challenge the Northern Ireland Executive in court.
It claims that the government has failed in its duty to implement an Irish language strategy.
The group said the Irish language community felt "hugely disappointed and frustrated".
Conradh president Cóilín Ó Cearbhaill said a strategy for Irish had been published in January 2015.
It followed consultation carried out by Culture Minister Caral ní Chuilín.
"Conradh na Gaeilge therefore finds it unsatisfactory that the strategy has not yet been accepted by the executive, despite the progressive steps as outlined above having been taken," he said.
In a statement on Monday, the group said it was taking legal proceedings against the executive to see that the Irish language strategy 2015-2035 was implemented, as outlined under the 2006 St Andrew's Agreement.