No longer concern over Irishman in Nice
The Irish government has said there is no longer cause for concern about a man thought to have been caught up in the attack in Nice in which 84 were killed.
The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs was previously "very concerned" about this individual.
They said they are continuing to try and contact a number of people but had "no reason to believe that any of these have been caught up in the incident."
The Irish embassy is in ongoing contact with the French authorities.
The attack coincided with Bastille Day, a national holiday in France, and thousands of people had gathered on the streets to watch a fireworks display.
'Shouting and screaming'
A Northern Ireland man who witnessed the attack has described the "panic" at the scene.
Paddy Mullan, from Londonderry, is in Nice on holiday with his girlfriend.
He was standing on the city's Promenade des Anglais when he saw the truck approaching.
"This lorry just mounted the kerb, across the street from us and the next thing, all you could hear was banging and shouting and screaming," he said.
Belfast man Suneil Sharma, who was nearby when the truck hit the crowds, described the aftermath as "absolute pandemonium".
Meanwhile, the Irish ambassador to France, Geraldine Byrne-Nason, told the BBC she was not in a position to confirm details about individual cases.
She said the embassy was working on a number of "cases of concern" but there was no confirmation from the French authorities about the nationality or identity of the victims.
Ms Byrne-Nason said Irish people in France should contact their own families in Ireland and the embassy.
Northern Ireland's first and deputy first ministers, Arlene Foster and Martin McGuinness, have issued a joint statement condemning the atrocity.
"The people who carried out this attack want to create fear and division," they said.
"Their actions have resulted in the loss of many lives of people of different nationalities. Their acts are futile and will serve only to strengthen our resolve and determination that democratic means are the only way forward."
The taoiseach, Mr Kenny, described it as an "act of madness".
"I'd like to, on behalf of the government and the Irish people, extend our sincere and deepest sympathies to President Hollande and the French people," he said.
A book of condolence for the victims of the Nice attack is due to be opened at Belfast City Hall on Monday.
Belfast City Council said the City Hall will be illuminated in the colours of the French flag, as a mark of solidarity with the French people on Friday evening.
The British and Irish embassies in France have both issued telephone helpline numbers for any of their citizens who have been affected by the Nice attack
The British embassy's 24-hour number is: +33 144513100.
The Irish embassy can be contacted on: + 33 144176700.