Man admits sexual abuse of sisters
A man has pleaded guilty to 24 charges of sexually abusing his two sisters over a six-year period starting in February 2000.
The 23-year-old abuser, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was due to stand trial on Wednesday.
A jury had been sworn in to hear the case but before it started, the defendant asked to be re-arraigned.
The judge ordered him to sign the sex offenders register and told him he would be sentenced on 12 September.
Judge Piers Grant was told that the defendant had signed an agreed statement of facts in relation to his prolonged sexual abuse of his two sisters.
Following re-arraignment he pleaded guilty to 22 charges of indecently assaulting his sisters and guilty to two charges of committing gross indecency with them.
Five other similar charges are to be left on the books not to be proceeded with without leave of the court.
Judge Grant released the defendant on continuing bail until that date and ordered him to have no contact with his sisters and to comply with court-imposed curfew conditions.