- Conservative Boris Johnson has been re-elected as mayor of London
- Labour make big gains in English local elections, with the BBC projecting a 38% vote share ahead of the Tories' 31% and Lib Dems' 16%
- Nine cities reject the idea of an elected mayor, but Bristol says "yes". Doncaster also votes to keep its mayor
- The SNP pulls ahead as the largest party in the Scottish council elections, while the Lib Dem vote collapses in several areas
- Labour leader Ed Miliband says the election shows his party are "regaining ground"
- David Cameron says the elections took place against a "difficult national backdrop" for the Conservatives
- Justin Parkinson
- Lucy Wilkins
Last updated 5 May 2012Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.