Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland

Baby suffers from car fire smoke

A two-month old baby girl suffered smoke inhalation after a blaze in the garage of a block of flats.

Fire crews were called to the scene at Hawkhill Close in Edinburgh to deal with a car on fire in the ground-floor car park at about 06:00.

The baby, who was on one of the floors above, suffered smoke inhalation as the smoke drifted up through the eight-storey building.

Fire crews gave the child oxygen and she was checked by the ambulance crew.

She was not taken to hospital.