Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland

Students treated after chip pan fire at Edinburgh flats

Two students have been treated for the effects of smoke after a fire at flats used as university accommodation in Edinburgh.

Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said emergency crews were called out at about 13:20 to the five-storey block in Nicolson Street in the city centre.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus put out the blaze, which had been started by a chip pan.

Two men, believed to be in their early 20s, were given oxygen at the scene.

The building houses students from the University of Edinburgh.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites