Pensioner dies after Edinburgh gas leak
An 84-year-old man has died following a suspected gas leak at his home in Edinburgh.
Police and firefighters were called to the property in Stevenson Road in the city at about 13:30 on Monday.
Roads in the area were closed and neighbouring houses were evacuated as a precaution.
It is thought the man was overcome by fumes. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "Police responded to Stevenson Road at around 1.30pm on Monday 4th June following reports of a gas leak within a residential address.
"Roads in the area were closed for around two and a half hours and residents within the cordon were evacuated as a precaution.
"An 84-year-old man was found dead within the property during the enquiries conducted by police and fire service.
"There appear to be no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death and a report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal."