Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland

Woman and child rescued from blaze in Muirhouse View

Gunnet Court, in Muirhouse View
Image caption The blaze started in a second-floor flat in Gunnet Court, in Muirhouse View

A woman and a child have been rescued after a fire broke out in the kitchen of an Edinburgh flat.

The blaze started in a second-floor flat in Gunnet Court, in Muirhouse View, when a grill pan caught fire just before midnight on Monday.

A four-year-old girl and a woman, aged 22, were rescued by Scottish Fire and Rescue Service firefighters.

They were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but did not have to go to hospital.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites