Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland

Man in hospital after flat fire in Kirkcaldy

Link Street, Kirkcaldy Image copyright Google
Image caption The fire was at a flat in Kirkcaldy's Links Street

A man in his 60s has been taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation following a fire in a ground floor flat in Fife.

A refuse collector raised the alarm at the property on Links Street, Kirkcaldy, at 08:44.

Two fire engines were sent to the blaze, which started in the living room.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said "smoking materials" were the cause of the fire.

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites