Wraps come off restored Glasgow shipyard building
The first phase of a restoration project to breathe new life into a historic Glasgow shipyard building has been unveiled.
Boards have been removed from the windows of the Fairfield Shipyard Offices, Govan, following £1.64m of repairs.
The A-listed structure, which dates back to 1890, fell into disrepair after being closed in 2001.
Its new owners - Govan Workspace - aim to transform the building into an office complex and heritage centre.
In its heyday, the Fairfield yard produced passenger liners such as Cunard's SS Campania as well as naval ships such as HMS Indomitable.
After the office closed, the building became derelict and was considered a blight on the local community.
It was purchased last year by Govan Workspace, a community enterprise firm involved in local regeneration.
The first phase of the regeneration included £1.4m of emergency repairs to the building and windows installed at a cost of £240,000
Funding for the project has come from Historic Scotland, Glasgow City Council, the Scottish government and Govan Workspace.