Hamilton racecourse probes suspected food poisoning
Three people have been treated in hospital and eight more have been unwell after a possible food poisoning outbreak at Hamilton Park Racecourse.
NHS Lanarkshire launched an investigation after people who dined at the racecourse on Monday became ill.
Two adults were admitted to Hairmyres Hospital in East Kilbride and a third to a Glasgow hospital. They have since been discharged.
The racecourse has expressed regret and apologised to those affected.
It said it was working closely with caterers and the Food Standards Agency to investigate the illness.
Public health officials are keen to speak to others who ate at the racecourse.
Dr David Cromie, consultant in public health medicine for NHS Lanarkshire, said: "A number of people became ill yesterday whilst at Hamilton Races.
"Our initial investigations would suggest this was linked to the food they ate. No organism has been positively identified, as yet.
"The symptoms experienced by people were a combination of vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea and abdominal pain."
Hamilton Park chief executive Vivien Kyles said: "We deeply regret this and apologise unreservedly to those affected.
"We are taking the incident very seriously with a full investigation, along with our catering partner Prestige Scotland, ongoing, although as yet it has not been confirmed as food poisoning."