Glasgow & West Scotland

Family rescued from fire at Hamilton flats

A family of four has been rescued after smoke from a fire began to fill their flat in Hamilton in the early hours of the morning.

The blaze broke out in the first floor of the flats in Roseberry Place at about midnight.

Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Service tackled the fire and rescued the family and their neighbour from the second storey of the building.

Ambulance crews performed checks but no-one required hospital treatment.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites