Residents evacuated over gas leak
About 80 residents have been moved out of their homes for the night after a gas leak was detected in the Gorbals area of Glasgow.
Scotland Gas Networks said the leak at Silverfir Court was reported on Thursday morning by contractors working at flats in the area.
Residents from three blocks of flats were removed from their properties.
The majority of them were said to be over the age of 80.
The damaged pipe has since been repaired, but a spokeswoman for the company said a "small, residual level of gas" is still coming up on their readings.
It was decided that alternative overnight accommodation should be arranged for the residents because many of them are classed as "vulnerable" due to their age.
They will either spend the night with family or friends or they will be put up at a hotel or bed-and-breakfast.
"We felt that as time was ticking on, it would be in the best interests to get the residents alternative accommodation for the night," a spokeswoman for Scotland Gas Networks said.
"We will be there overnight monitoring the situation and fully expect that they will be able to return to their homes tomorrow morning.
"A further multi-agency meeting has been scheduled to take place at 08:00
"We are sorry for the disruption this has caused, but safety is our number one priority and that's why we had to evacuate residents on this occasion."