Two elderly people rescued from Port Glasgow flat fire
Two elderly people have been rescued from a fire in Port Glasgow.
Firefighters arrived at a flat in John Wood Street just after midnight on Sunday to find a well developed fire and the property engulfed in smoke.
The two residents were led to safety and were later treated in hospital for smoke inhalation.
Strathclyde Fire and Rescue asked the public to contact them if they thought any vulnerable people needed smoke alarms fitted in their homes.
A spokesman said: "Firefighters want to prevent fires starting in the first place and will happily arrange free Home Fire Safety Visits to protect our communities."